If you haven’t tapped into the advertising and marketing power of Pinterest yet, then now is the best time to start! Pinterest has over 459 million monthly active users, has a yearly 35% growth increase, and has recently opened a second office in Asia to expand even more. It’s one of the fastest-growing social media platforms today and marketers still underuse it which is exactly why you should use Pinterest for marketing your business.
You might be wondering why you should use Pinterest for marketing when other social platforms are much larger. Facebook holds 74.81% of the global social media traffic whereas Pinterest only holds 6.32% (2.33% being in Asia specifically). Well, the truth is that while Facebook is still dominant, it’s not growing at a rapid pace like Pinterest is. This means using Pinterest for business is a highly valuable and underestimated way to gain traction in certain industries. And as a rule of thumb for advertising and growing your business, pay attention to where your demographics are heading to!
So, are your target audience Pinterest users?
The Pinterest Demographics
Let’s take a look at the demographics of Pinterest. The global Pinterest market is made up of 77.1% women, 14.5% men, and 8.4% are unspecified. Out of that, 32% of that market are between the ages of 18 and 29 and 34% are between the ages of 30 and 49.
Along with this, the most common content pinned includes fitness, travel, women’s fashion, beauty, food, and home décor. For more insight, the Pinterest Newsroom states that there has been a 44% increase for beauty boards, a 36% increase in home décor boards, and a massive 95% increase in women’s fashion boards. What this all means, if you’re a business in any of these industries, Pinterest is a fast-growing platform with tons of opportunity to reach new audiences. And if you haven’t taken advantage of that already, then make sure you do soon to gain a leg up before Pinterest becomes too overcrowded.
How Pinterest Can Advertise and Grow Your Business
Demographics aside, is Pinterest a good place to advertise? Can you grow your business on Pinterest? In short, YES! There are many reasons why using Pinterest for marketing is wonderful for businesses, especially smaller to medium-sized ones. Not only can using Pinterest for business be entirely free (yes, free), but it can also help you increase brand exposure, improve conversion rates, and gain more sales. In fact, over 87% of Pinterest users bought a product because of the site.
The best part is that most larger businesses primarily use Facebook and Instagram to market themselves instead of Pinterest since they are still the dominating social media accounts. Because of that, it opens the doors for smaller businesses to gain more traction across the Asian market, as they have fewer high-profile brands to compete with. All in all, with Pinterest still being underused and underestimated you should hop on board right now in 2021 and become one of the early adopters to reap the most benefits.
How To Market Using Pinterest
Answering the question on why use Pinterest for marketing one thing is but knowing how to actually use Pinterest for business marketing is a whole other ball game. In short, there are several ways marketers use Pinterest to boost their business, especially if you start using it early before it begins to take off even more.
- Use Paid Ad Services – Alright, not everything is free. Though signing up for a business account and making pins doesn’t cost you anything, Pinterest also has a paid ads option. This can cost anywhere from $2 to $5 per thousand impressions, which is very reasonable for the brand awareness and sales benefits you gain. In comparison, Facebook charges on average $0.97 per click and about $7 per 1,000 impressions.
- Always Link Your Pins – Even when marketing isn’t your aim, never forget to link your pins back to your website. This, along with using relevant hashtags, will help encourage clicks and organic traffic.
- Use SEO Best Practices – From good keywords that fit your pins to quality images/designs, ensure that every pin you post is as SEO-friendly as possible. This will help more people find you on that platform and will be more likely to click on your profile if the pin is both professional and attractive.
- Engage with Others – Remember, Pinterest is a social network, so be sure to engage with your customers too. This gives them more insight into what your brand stands for and helps you build trust, loyalty and enhances your chances of gaining more leads due to your audience repining your content.
- Share On Other Social Platforms – Just because Pinterest has so much potential doesn’t mean to stop marketing on your other accounts. Instead, connect your Pinterest efforts across places like Facebook and Instagram to raise your odds of marketing success. This involves sharing your Pinterest links and pins across those platforms, thus creating a spiderweb that draws in customers from all angles.
Summary – Start Taking Advantage of Pinterest Today
There you have it! Why use Pinterest for marketing 101. All in all, Pinterest might not be a top dog social media platform at this very moment, but it sure is a fast-rising one that holds tons of business growth potential. Between Pinterest expanding more across Asia with their new Singapore office to their reputation for having the highest purchase intent than any other social media users, using Pinterest for business is hands down a marketing outlet to take on.
In summary, Pinterest is certainly a social account to not overlook, and taking advantage of it now is excellent to boost your chances of reaching new levels of profitable business growth. So, go ahead and sign up today because if there is one thing you should take away from this, you truly have nothing to lose and everything to gain from using it.